Figueres Hospital (Hospital de Figueres) in Spain’s Girona province is the main hospital of the nonprofit Salut Empordà Foundation.
The recently upgraded hospital has access to the professional and healthcare quality of the full Salut Empordà Healthcare (SEHC) network, a health care organization that has been providing care in the Empordà region for more than 700 years. It is part of the Catalan National Health Service, considered by some as one of the best in the world.
Home of Salvador Dalí
The hospital is also a short walk from the world renowned surrealist artist Salvador Dalí’s Theatre and Museum in Figueres, and from the town center.
Figueres Hospital featured services include
- in vitro fertilization (IVF) and assisted reproduction
- health check-ups
- physiotherapy and rehabilitation
- emergency treatment
International patients also take advantage of its gynaecology and obstetrics, sports medicine and dentistry departments along with general hospital medical services.
Medical tourism services at Figueres Hospital
The medical tourism services of Figueres Hospital combine the medical expertise of a significant healthcare team, a Mediterranean climate and the beauty of the Empordà and the Costa Brava, the proximity to Barcelona, one of the world’s most exciting cities, and excellent transportation choices from the high-speed AVE rail system and nearby airports of Girona and Perpignan.
- Prior to departure from home, medical travelers will receive advice, a medical review of each case, and a proposed treatment plan from the Salut Empordà Healthcare team.
- Our medical tourist staff arranges transfers to the hospital from the airport or AVE train station and offers information on accommodation and leisure activities for companions.
- Our international service team personally greets medical travelers on arrival at the hospital and stays by them during registration and consultations. A case manager is available at any time to resolve any concerns.
- English or French interpreters are available throughout their stay at Figueres Hospital. Translation in other languages is available on request.
- Inpatients receive a comfortable private room with TV and Wifi, along with an extra bed for a companion.
- Upon discharge, all patients receive their medical file in English, French or Spanish, with a record of their reports, tests and treatment. This provides the doctor in their country of origin with the information on the whole process carried out at Salut Empordà Healthcare.
- Once home, international patients may consult their attending doctors and medical staff to clarify any doubts.
- After six months patients are sent a satisfaction survey in order to gauge the services they received and to receive feedback on how they have been treated.
Aside from the excellent health care services in Figueres Hospital, medical tourists in the region can expect good transportation services and a variety of tourist attractions to discover, from the Cap de Creus, Aiguamolls and Albera nature reserves, regional vineyards and gastronomy tours, to the Dalí Museum in Figueres.
Hospital de Figueres (Figueres Hospital)
Ronda del Rector Arolas, s / n,
Telephone: +34 972 50 14 00
International patient services
Telephone: +34 972 501 400
Certified since April 2018